Grade school kids love to help in the kitchen. Teach them early and let them help!
- Place the microwave in a base cabinet or on a low counter no higher than 48 inches so kids can access without climbing.
- Allow sufficient counter space around the microwave to set down hot items.
- Store non-breakable dishes, cups and snack items in base cabinets with roll-out trays.
- A 36-inch high counter is perfect for a work or play area. It can also be the kiddo food prep area for helping!
- Have a computer area in the kitchen with the screen within view for monitoring activity.
- Let kids help unload the dishwasher by locating it next to ample counter space.
- Kids can learn to help the environment by placing items in the recycle bins.