All those items in your existing cabinets and drawers will need to go somewhere during your remodel.
- It’s a good opportunity to clear clutter and to donate appliance gifts you’ve never used.
- Decide where you’re going to store furniture and boxes during the renovation. A portable storage unit is a good option.
- Be selective on the kitchen items you choose to keep out.
- Although not environmentally friendly, disposable plates and utensils are convenient!
Living in the chaos
If you’re remaining in your home during renovation, determine how you can make life as comfortable as possible.
- Set up a temporary cooking area with your microwave, toaster oven and coffee maker. If you’re lucky, the refrigerator will fit, too!
- Convert the laundry sink or extra bathroom sink into a dishwashing station.
- Storing necessary kitchen or bath items in covered tubs help keep them clean.
- Have a quiet space such as a master bedroom to escape the dust and disorder.