The newest cabinet colors and cabinet doors from Fieldstone Cabinetry
Best selling door styles and colors
Cabinetry Styles & Trends
- Less is more in cabinetry design. Popular choices include the clean lines offered by Shaker and flat-panel door styles. These simple yet striking styles adapt easily in transitional or contemporary rooms.
- White remains the top color in cabinetry, however, expect to see warmer off-whites and a variety of neutral gray tones.
- Island heights are trending toward the same 36” height as countertops to create a more open feel and larger work space, versus a raised island/bar area that can limit visibility.
- Base drawer cabinets are being incorporated into kitchen design. Contents stored in deep drawers are more visible, and are accessible with less bending. A variety of dividers are available for organizing plates, cookware or utensils.
- Open shelving creates an airy display area for decorative dishware.
- Mixing wood species and colors adds interest and an eclectic flair to your space. Islands, hutches and the inside surfaces of open cabinets are great places to include a complementary color.
- Cabinetry replicating the look of furniture is elegant for spa-like vanities, buffets, hutches or entertainment areas.
- Recycling bins are being included in kitchen and mudroom cabinetry designs for discreet yet easy sorting.
Color and Texture Trends
- Quartz countertops are gaining on granite in popularity for both the kitchen and bath. More homeowners are choosing recycled materials as appealing options are increasing.
- Backsplashes are covering larger areas, often continuing to the ceiling. Materials such as marble and glass add color, texture and create a focal point.
- Wood flooring is the first choice for kitchens. Ceramic or porcelain tile with electric radiant floor heating ranks as the top pick for baths.
- Gray is the fastest growing choice for bathroom color.
- Brushed nickel is the preferred finish in kitchen and bath fixtures.
Kitchen Appliance Trends
- Stainless steel remains the first choice in appliance finishes.
- Homeowners prefer counter-depth refrigerators with cabinetry front panels so the frig is flush with cabinetry and discreet.
- Homeowners are including steam ovens as a healthy cooking option. Steam keeps food moist while eliminating extra fats.
- Microwave drawers are being installed in base cabinets to maximize space and reduce visibility.
- Undercounter beverage and wine coolers are useful additions in gathering areas.
- Prep sinks are a convenient addition, particularly when multiple cooks use the kitchen.
- Professional grade ranges and range hoods rank high on homeowners wishlists.
- Energy efficient LED lighting continues to replace conventional lighting throughout the home.
- LED recessed lighting is an excellent ambient light source for any room.
- Rope or tape LED lighting works well to accent the inside of cabinets, along the toe kick area or behind the top cabinet moulding.
- Adjustable wall sconces are being incorporated as kitchen task lighting.
- Pendant lights add a splash of color over the island area, sink area or breakfast area.
- Sconces and chandeliers add flair to bathroom lighting.